« Home | quickie post - Christmas goodies » | Merry Christmas! » | Merry Christmas » | Anastacia knits » | quickie update » | alpaca shawl photo » | log cabin knitting, design socks, and Zorro » | photo of the day » | finally--- photos! » | Happy Thanksgiving! »

2007 goals


 I don't like resolutions - I choose instead to do year long challenges. Normally they involve reading or how many items to make for charity. Well, this year I'm doing things a little differently. Instead of reading 52 books in a year, or making 52 things for charity, I'm setting little mini goals.

My first goal is to write better blog posts. Usually I just write very short blurbs, and only sometimes do I add any pictures. I don't spend a lot of time or thought on my blog. I claim that I write my blog only for myself, but yet I complain about the lack of comments. So, a goal for 2007 is to write better blog posts.

I'm also allowing myself to stop worrying about UFOs - you know, all those unfinished objects that I haven't worked on for a year or three. I have several scrap afghans (crocheted) that i haven't touched in quite some time, and I'm going to stop worrying about the fact that they aren't done. In fact, I'm going to stop even counting them as a project. If I drag that out from under neath the bed - fine. But otherwise... I'm going to stop worrying about it! And this includes the knitted, mitered square afghan. I love making them - but I haven't touched them in a while. Stop worrying and move on!

I'm going to try to have only 3 projects going at one time - yes, it sounds weird when I just said stop worrying about UFOs, but I'm sick of spending 6 months to finish a pair of socks. Yes, I have a short attention span - but I would really like to simplify! Ever since Marguerite declared her Knitting Peace plan (working on only 2 projects at a time) I've wanted to do this. I've watched her, and she's kept it up - and seems a lot happier about it, too. I don't think I can only work on 2 projects at a time - but my plan is to try to do no more than 3 projects. Ideally, the 3 projects will be:

1. travel CIC project - whether it's socks or sweaters
2. something I've always wanted to make - I collect patterns, and I'd like to start actually KNITTING some of them
3. a KAL - I love to join KALS and then feel guilty when I don't participate. I joined the Nothin But a Tee Shirt KAL, for instance - and never even did one swatch!

I would also like to finish up my goals from the Summer of Stash: use up all my woolease yarn (log cabin afghans), use up the old chenille (I have at least a pound of it, in a black/gray colorway), and use up my lustersheen (I have enough for a top, I believe, though maybe not a whole sweater). All of this yarn was bought before I got married in 2000.

One other little goal for the year is to try to review some of the craft books I take out from the library. I regularly take out books, and love looking through them - and then I promptly forget which ones I liked, which ones I hated, etc. I'd like to start reviewing some of them - even if it's just a brief, two line review. It'd be fun to do this with yarns, too - but I doubt I'll do that.

My current 3 projects, are actually 4:
log cabin afghan (woolease summer of stash project, the 3 'ghan)
croc socks (a project I'm actually fixing. These socks I finished 4 years ago, but the foot was too small, and the heel was a nightmare, and the length of the leg way too short for my liking. They were made toe up, as I always knit. So I frogged the leg, reknit the feet longer, reworked the heel, and I'm now working on the leg of one, and on the heel of the other)
design socks for Tofuties (still not done, mostly because I've been sick and on cold meds)
my patchwork wool afghan that started life as a patchwork cardigan sweater

Anastacia Knits

Your goals sound wonderful and DO-ABLE! And I loved reading this post. Like you, I might do some reviews for books I check out of the library, too. I often check them out to decide if they're what I want for my personal library. And like you, I often forget which one I liked/didn't care for.

Have a wonderful new year and be happy!

Hi! I'm totally with you on number 2. Loads of patterns but hardly knit anything from them. And knitting from the stash. That's way up there on the resolutions list.

I see you're down for Julie's steek along too - are you going to do it. I'm feeling lonely at the moment!!!

Anastacia - I am trying one of your patterns submitted to the crochet apttern a day calendar for 2007 - Original Felted Hat. I had a question what you meant by "work even" in round 2 of the lace pattern that shapes the sides of the hat. So far - so good, but the work even has me stumped. Help! I look forward to felting it when it is done!

This is my first time on your site--I, too, am a crocheter, spinner, weaver, and I know HOW to knit, but am not a knitt-ER, per se, who also always has too many projects going at once. This year I've decided to pare it down to one "travel" project, one home crochet project, and either one spinning or one weaving project at a time. It seems to be working so far. And my yarn stash is down to just what I'm working on RIGHT NOW. WOW!!!!for the first time in 20 years!! So, it IS do-able. Good luck, and I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

One of our resolutions is finishing up all those started, but somehow never completed, projects. One such project is an afagan started about 10 years ago. The end is now in sight, but I'm 1 skein short of a discontinued Red Heart Classic yarn, color "Salsa", varigated, #940. Do you know of any source for discontinued yarn?

So you probably think I've forgotten about you, but I absolutely have not. I just was in the process of moving, which I heard you've done, too! Give me an email at romasita AT aol DOT com.

Looks like you failed your challenge to do better blogs its september, and you've not posted for nearly 9 months.

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Download Forum Poster V3 3.0 at FileAfro.com

http://www.fileafro.com/view_forum-poster-v3-30.html

hello... you may submit this blog to my webBlog Directory, keyworddir.info.. have a nice day!

Keyword Directory

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

Hi... Looking ways to market your blog? try this: http://bit.ly/instantvisitors

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

Current Projects

    log cabin afghan
    knit mitered square afghan
    granny square afghan
    quilted C afghan
    mittens for Akkol
    patchwork wool afghan
    design socks
    SocretPal Socks