alpaca shawl photo
I finished my crocheted alpaca shawl a couple of days ago, but kept forgetting to have hubby help me with some photos. So I finally remembered, and here they are!
In other news, I think I'm down to 5 projects - I believe I mentioned this briefly yesterday (or maybe I just updated the list on the side -->). I'm down so quickly not because I've finished so many things, but because of all the frogging going on.
First, there was the fall EZ sweater -- nice, but coming out 6" too big - talk about Major error in figuring gauge &/or doing the math. Then, there were the Opal socks - I started the gusset an inch too early, so started the heel an inch too early - and so, the feet are an inch too short, even with negative ease. I could have frogged back & just reworked the foot longer, but I was sick of all my WIPs/UFOs so it was easy to frog, frog, frog.
And then there were socks that rock socks - yes, my first pair of socks that rock! Well, I was just about done the heels finally, when I decided that I had better try them on. Well, not only did I start the gusset too early, AGAIN, (can we say I guesstimated the length, instead of actually using an actual ruler??), but the width are too small. I could get them on my feet, but they were really, really tight. I think I was using 48 stitches - using size 1 needles - but my gauge was 8 sts/inch (this is the mediumweight socks that rock, so I was surprised my gauge was that tight). I know I checked my gauge several times making these socks, and I was getting 6 sts/inch every time, I swear. I debated about just finishing them & sending them off to CIC, but since this is the only STR in my stash, and the only STR that I can ever imagine owning, I wanted them for ME, thank you very much. So, a frogging they went.
Three projects frogged in such a quick time, combined with finally finishing the shawl & a couple of design projects, have helped to knock down my WIP pile considerably.
I do have some other photos to share - I have 1 pair of mittens for CIC done, and one more pair finished other than the afterthought thumbs & weaving in the ends. Other than the pair I'll knit on on work breaks, in the car, etc., that'll be it I think for the Mitten Challenge. I still have other design stuff to complete in the next couple of weeks, and sockretpal socks to finish... Christmas gifts to knit & crochet... etc. But hopefully after the holidays, I'll be able to whip off a few more pairs. I'm hoping to do what Marguerite's doing... knit nothing but mittens for CIC - you get a lot done that way!