« Home | happy Thursday! » | Monday photo time - spinning, Zorro, and CIC » | socks that rock » | progress photos » | good morning, peeps! » | photo time - CIC vests » | designs, CIC knitting » | posting » | socks - sock a month 2 or sockapalooza » | auction yarn »

Happy Tuesday knitting

Happy Tuesday knitting!

I've been cranking off CIC sweaters. I'm making top down, knitted in the
round sweaters in a gauge of 4 stitches to the inch, with 2 by 2 ribbing
at the neck, bottom, and sleeves. Pretty simple, and I'm just using up
scraps of yarn I have here & yarn donations I've received recently. The
first one was fair isle; the rest are just stripey. I'm planning on
doing some fair isle ones in the future, but I'm having fun just using
up all those odd ball scraps! I finished up another one today - I think
it's the 3rd or 4th finished. Hubby's been great about weaving in the
ends for me - I taught him well!

I finally cast on another baby thing for Julie, my sister in law who's
due the end of March/beginning of April. It's their first baby, and they
got pregnant just about 6 weeks after they were married - or I should
say, found out then! I originally knit the baby kimono that is in the
M-D knitting book, but I was miserably unhappy with the finishing job &
a few other things -- like, my gauge was off slightly, so it was coming
out more toddler sized, which was fine, but I didn't compensate for the
sleeves, so it wouldn't really fit either a small baby or the older
toddler. I'll eventually make up some bibs, too - they'll be holiday
knitting when we're over the in-laws or the 'rents, since I'm sure it
won't be a surprise to Julie that I'm knitting baby stuff for her - and
save the cuter - and more interesting & fun - baby knitting for after
Christmas (and upcoming design deadlines that are looming ever nearer).

So ... what did I cast on for? And did I finish any long-term UFO's??
LOL Of course I haven't finished anything other than CIC stuff... but I
did manage to cast on for my first baby surprise jacket! This first one
will probably remain all one color (I haven't quite decided yet), and
future ones will be multi colored.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I was busy knitting your socks :-)

It sounds like you're doing quite a bit of crocheting and knitting...any pictures?

I've never tried the Baby surprise jacket, but I've been tempted. It just seems a bit daunting to me.

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

Current Projects

    log cabin afghan
    knit mitered square afghan
    granny square afghan
    quilted C afghan
    mittens for Akkol
    patchwork wool afghan
    design socks
    SocretPal Socks