« Home | Have you seen this? The Last Knit » | Let's see. I finished a stack of dishcloths for th... » | yeah for me :) » | dishcloths » | anniversary » | at the rents house » | paton's classic socks » | CIC socks » | thursday's posting » | 2 pairs of CIC socks »

posting early but dating Oct 1

Sock-ret Pal Questionnaire



The basics:

How long have you been knitting? about 4 years

Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?

Probably beyond an intermediate - but maybe not an expert.



The measurements:

While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent.

I'm a size 8, 8.5. around there. My feet are about 9.25" long - but I definitely like negative ease. I make my socks toe up, and the finished measured size on the feet's about 8.25". I've always considered my feet a bit wide, but regular sock patterns usually fit me just fine.




(fiber related) Favorites:

What colors do you love? any, really. I love orange, green, blue, purple - anything, really, other than pastels or black. I love tall, tall socks the best, wild, colorful, and mismatched the even more !

Do you prefer solids or variegated? anything goes

What fibers do you most love to knit with? wool - I love the natural stretchiness of wool, along with the warmth & just the way it feels & hangs.

Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors? I love Knit Picks for their affordablity

What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting? sweaters or vests, I LOVE fair isle!!!



(fiber related) Dislikes:

What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear? I recently discovered I'm allergic to angora - I broke out in hives, besides itching, sneezing, and getting a headache. I don't mind acrylic, as I use it for charity afghans since it's washable in hot temps & you can abuse it!!


What colors would you never wear? I don't really wear black, unless it's just an accent color. I'm definitely not a pastel person, either, but I'll wear them.



The Tools:

Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood? metal, definitely. I've tried plastic & bamboo needles, and I can't stand them.

Circs or Straights? cirs definitely. I have straights & I've never used them - not once!

DPNs or Magic Loop? dpns - I've tried the other options, I just love my DPNs

Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like? I really want the Knit Picks circ needle sets - and I'd really love the KIP bags. I love bags in general - so any bag bit enough to hold socks on the go would be really awesome, esp. if you made it!



The Extras:

Do you have a wish list? If so, please share the link! Not really - not any I've updated in forever and a half. I'd love any Elizabeth Zimmermann books - I can get Almanac & her other book from the library, but the third one (the republished newsletters) I can't get.

Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*) all of the above - but don't really chewy candy. I'm really more of a chocolate gal...

Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc) TONS... but mainly food allergies. Hubby's strongly allergic to smoke, so if you'd smoke, I'd appreciate it if it didn't have too much smoke on it....

Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand? I like nature scents. I'm pretty easy when it comes to smelly things!

Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)? Not really - unless you want to count said bags. My parents have a 64 ford falcon convertible, so I do have a fondness for things with old cars. I also am mommy to an orange cat so have a fondness for orange cat things, too :)

When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!) march 6

Do you spin? Dye your own yarn? yes & yes - just a handspindle. I dye using both kool aid/food dyes & commercial dyes.


Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better...


I love to read - mainly medieval history, sci fi, etc. I semi-update a book blog if you'd like to have a look - zorrosmommy.blogspot.com We love to go camping & have a small trailer. I love new agey/jazz/classical/80's music & am very close to my parents.
I'm an only child. We're married - anny Sept 30 - and have no kids other than Zorro.
We love going out yard saling & to auctions, and I'm really into family history.

YAY!!! I can leave "anonymous" comments now. I'm so excited to for this swap... to pick out yarn and goodies for you will probably be pretty easy. So far, it just looks like you are a fantastic knitter (and crocheter apparently!).

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

Current Projects

    log cabin afghan
    knit mitered square afghan
    granny square afghan
    quilted C afghan
    mittens for Akkol
    patchwork wool afghan
    design socks
    SocretPal Socks