« Home | sockapalooza sock stuff » | talk about a sockapalooza update » | happy Friday » | books :) » | socktoberfest-knitting socks » | posting early but dating Oct 1 » | Have you seen this? The Last Knit » | Let's see. I finished a stack of dishcloths for th... » | yeah for me :) » | dishcloths »

ha, ha

Ha, ha...I got a package & you didn't... :)


I got my first package from my Sockret Pal last night coming home from work - a great pick me up for my poor sore & tired feet. I got a great big heavy package filled with goodies - apple butter, candy corn, a little bag (for making socks??), and the best part.... drum roll please... I got my first skein EVER of Socks that Rock! yeah for me... :). I don't remember the colorway off hand, but it's gorgeous, gorgeous colors... oranges and pinks and greens and I think some blues, too, in the mediumweight which is perfect for me. I immediately cast on both socks. I'm using size 1 needles for a nice tight gauge. I'll be making nice plain socks, maybe ribbing when I get to the legs, we'll see.


Thank you so much! :)


I've been knitting socks like crazy - I think I'm around 13 pairs for the month finished. A couple of pairs going into the gift box for Christmas, and the rest are CIC socks, mostly just plain but warm socks. I did finish up the Smores socks aka the Snake Skin Socks, that'll be one of the gift socks, I think. I've been trying hard not to cast on too many new projects, but I can't seem to stop knitting CIC socks & vests - I've finished a few more vests, too.


In other news, I've been busy, stressing, and tired. new work situation, getting used to standing on my feet all day. I haven't had to do that for a long, long time. So it's been hard, and I haven't been motivated to go to the library to check email or anything. I probably won't now, either - I'm actually here at work with hubby, who drove me into work today. I wanted to post a blog quick, but other than that, I am too pooped to pop.

Links to this post

Create a Link

Current Projects

    log cabin afghan
    knit mitered square afghan
    granny square afghan
    quilted C afghan
    mittens for Akkol
    patchwork wool afghan
    design socks
    SocretPal Socks