« Home | My latest project. Yes, I'm going to do a sampler... » | photos of FOs and WIPs and more... » | a few various photos » | Yahoo! Photos - perhiksentyttis's Photos » | contest 2 » | granny square afghan » | contest » | felting on the stovepot » | bright stripey socks » | mason dixon knitting »

where's Anastacia?

I've had a fun past few days - not. We were out yard saling on Sat, stopped off at the library to drop off some books & to pick up a book. We were getting back into the car, my knee gave out & I dislocated my knee.


Talk about pain.


I though I've felt pain before - when we were in the car accident three years ago, my knee surgery in 92, my migraines, the whole gland/jaw pain I get, etc. etc. etc.


But this was HORRIBLE.


I screamed like a banshee.


The cops arrived first - while Jon called my parents. No matter how old you get, you want your mommy when you are hurting or sick. Luckily they were in the area. No so luckily, the ambulance was on their way back from Worcester (30 minutes away normally) from another run.


I kept screaming.


The cop tried to move me - or offered to move me. I was on the ground, half on the curb and half on some woman's lawn. But I couldn't move. All I could do was scream.


The emt's arrived, spent a few minutes trying to find a decent vein. In the meantime, I was getting so sunburnt from the sun shining through the windows, that one of the other guys on the scene held a blanket over us to shield us from the sun.


First dose of morphaine in - helped, but a panicky me burnt through the first does almost instantly.


More morphaine. More morphaine.


They finally moved me onto the board & into the ambulance. I'm still screaming bloody murder. I didn't know it, but they actually popped my knee back into place - they couldn't move me unless they popped me knee back in.


I was in so much pain, they RAN out of morphaine on the ambulance & had to meet up with another bus for more.


Finally, the last dose worked, & I was happy. Very, very happy.


When they wheeled me into the hospital, I announced to the world at large that at least I knew I wasn't pregnant since I just had my period.


Yup.


I was drugged.


I kept singing the ABCs to the poor XRay techs.

I was a little stoned out of my mind.

The end result was I was fine, though badly hurting. They gave me crutches & a knee brace & told me to ice it & follow up with a regular doctor in a few days & gave me lots of pain killers.

So, off to Douglas & my parents house I went. We live on the 3rd floor. They have a couple of steps to get inside. So we've been living with my parents again. Not fun. But better than the alternative, I guess.


The good news is, Jon went home, got Zorro & his food & my log cabin knitting, so I have lots of log cabin knitting to show you. I finished reading my book, and have watched a horredous amount of bad tv.

And my mother took these photos of me crying on Sat, so I have photos to show you all!

Oh you poor thing! I felt your pain just reading about it. I remember that extreme pain when I broke my wrist and they "popped" it back into place. A grown woman bawling like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum. LOL

Sure hope you are feeling better and thanks for the tips on the ballband. Working on the Absorbia mat which is my first log cabin design.
Terrie

Poor thing! I really hope you feel better soon.

Oh how horrible! I'm so sorry you went through that. I'm glad the pain meds finally kicked in for you. Sorry about the living with the parents thing too. We did that recently and it didn't turn out to well.

BTW - thanks for being the first commenter (commentor?) on my blog. I'm so excited to see that you are a crocheter too because that's my first love, although I'm having one heck of an affair with knitting right now. LOL.

Can't wait to read up more on your blogs.

You poor thing I feel your pain!! I had that happen to me when I was 16! Not fun at all!!! Keep it up and get plenty of rest!! I hope that you start feeling better soon!!

Ouch! Oh my gosh, you poor thing, I certainly feel with you! Just reading through your entry felt painful, and I'm so sorry that you had to go through this horror!
I sure hope you're going to feel much better soon - give yourself a lot of rest!

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

Current Projects

    log cabin afghan
    knit mitered square afghan
    granny square afghan
    quilted C afghan
    mittens for Akkol
    patchwork wool afghan
    design socks
    SocretPal Socks