My latest project. Yes, I'm going to do a sampler afghan. I am looking to challenge myself in knitting a bit. Now that I've finally figured out what kind of knitter I am - combination knitter - I've finally been able to figure out the last few things that always stumped me - like making decreases slant in the direction they are suppose to, and not the weird looking, sort of slanting decreases I've done until recently (a few months ago). So, in between knitting other squares from other patterns, I'm going to tackle some of these squares, too. They are not for the faint of heart - no plain st st or garter stitches squares, no easy yo lace. I did tackle one of the easiest squares I could find in the book - Number 85 - basketweave, which believe it or not, I've never done! I used the recommended 40 stitches & size 9 needles, with a finished size of 8.75" square - slightly bigger than the supposedly 8" finished size. I decided I wasn't going to sweat the finished size too much for any of the squares I make - when I actually put the squares together (possibly with some sampler crochet squares that I'm debating about doing), then I'll worry then about putting squares together. Maybe I'll border them with crochet to get them all one size, or perhaps I'll go crazy & knit/crochet so many different squares that I'll put together several afghans with several different sized squares. We'll see where the mood takes me!