« Home | computers » | CIC photos » | summer v neck sweater pattern » | KALs » | being on a finishing roll » | sockapalooza » | sock yarn swap » | CROCHET/KNIT & .... Guides/Reviews » | number & size of squares needed to make an afghan » | sockapalooza socks »

Amazing Lace Challenge #1

Free Image Hosting at <a href=Hi! My name is Anastacia. I'm a knitter and crocheter. I've been crocheting for 20 years and knitting for 3.5 years. I learned to knit to make socks, and almost immediately started making basic lacey socks, like cloverleaf, broadripple, and nice, easy, 4 round patterns. Later on, I knitted a pi shawl using all sorts of various types of lace, it was a lace sampler of sorts. Of course, my beloved Zorro claimed it almost immediately as a kitty shawl...

So being no stranger to lace, I struggled to find a teammate. Joining a little late in the game, I didn't want to spend a month finding just the right partner. Since it's gearing up for summer season, I decided upon a top. I just finished a pair of lace & ribbed socks for my mom for Mother's Day, after all, and since I already have another short sleeved sweater on the needles, I might as well cast on for another one? I mean, after all, I am one of those that loves to start projects, find the right needle, I even love to knit gauge swatches... I love the process.

Back in March for my 30th birthday, I bought some yarn from Knit Picks. I'm crocheting a lace weight shawl out of the alpaca/silk lace yarn, bought some wool for CIC knitting & a felted purse, but also bought some cotton. 7 skeins of purple, and 2 balls of 2 different shades of blue. I have some leftover pink of the same yarn, so my goal was to make a boatneck sleeveless stripey top using all of the colors. But, when I heard about the Amazing Lace, I decided to change my mind & use the balls of purple to make a purple lacey top.
I'm knitting in the round, up to the armpits, and I'm thinking along the lines of a V neck and sleeveless, but this may change. I'm using a simple yo over pattern for the bottom 4-5 inches or so, and plain st st for the rest. If I decide to add sleeves, I'll probably add lace to that. If I change the neckline, I may add lace to that. We shall see. Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
My other partner in this team is my beloved furrbaby, Zorro. I couldn't knit without him laying on my yarn, on my pattern, sitting on my needles, climbing into the middle of a circular needle while knitting and head butting the needle until all the stitches fall out. I couldn't take any photos without him climbing up my leg. I couldn't participate without him by my side, crying pathetically because I stopped patting him!

My relationship with Zorro began before I got married, and my partnership with my top began only a few short days ago, but as a team we will succeed and win! We will knit faithfully on this top and take it on many adventures, and we will love and cherish it. We will not cuss if the yarn splits, we will not cuss if we drop stitches, and we will prevail! For we are the champions!

Sounds like a strong team!

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

Current Projects

    log cabin afghan
    knit mitered square afghan
    granny square afghan
    quilted C afghan
    mittens for Akkol
    patchwork wool afghan
    design socks
    SocretPal Socks