short sleeved sweater, circular bottom up
KNITWARE SWEATER DESIGN
Circular Bottom-Up Regular length Fitted Waist Pullover with Ribbing
Raglan shoulder with Short Narrow Taper sleeves with Ribbing
Flat front neck and Flat back neck with Single Band collar
Pattern File Name: X
Size: Standard Woman 38 for Anastacia
Date started: 4/18/2006 Finished: *
*; scraps; *; *
Gauge (Stocking Stitch over 4 in = 10 cm): 15.0 sts by 20.0 rows.
Body knit by hand on # 8 US circular needles
Ribbing knit by hand on # 6 US circular needles
FINISHED DIMENSIONS: (ins): ... with Comfortable fit.
Chest: 42.3 Armhole: 19.8 Top Neck Opening: 8.3
Waist: 36.7 Hem Width: 10.8 Front Neck Width: 0.0
Hip: 41.6 Sleeve Top: 13.4 Front Neck Depth: 0.0
Hem Width: 39.5 Sleeve Bottom: 12.1
Sleeve Length: 5.1
Body Length: 24.2 Hem Length: 1.0 Collar Length: 1.0
Back Waist Length: 18.3
Hem Length: 2.8
Note: Read ALL these instructions thoroughly BEFORE starting to knit. There may be sections where there are two shapings to work at the same time (such as necklines or waist shaping).
BODY: (HEM TO ARMHOLE)
1. Cast on 148 sts on size 6 circular needle. Join the circle, taking care not to twist the stitches. Mark the side 'seams' at the beginning and at the halfway point (74 sts). Work in K1P1 ribbing for 2.8 ins. Inc 8 sts evenly across the round to 156 sts total.
2. Change to size 8 circular needle and Stocking Stitch. Work even until piece measures 0.4 ins (2 rounds), excluding hem.
3. Waist Shaping. Dec 1 st at both sides of both seam markers (4 sts per round) on next round , then every following 2nd round 4 times to 136 sts. Work even for 1.0 ins (5 rounds). Inc 1 st at both sides of both seam markers (4 sts per round) on next round , then every following 7th round 4 times to 156 sts. Work even for 2.0 ins (10 rounds) to total 11.4 ins, excluding hem.
SLEEVES: (HEM TO ARMHOLE)
1. Cast on 41 sts on size 6 dp needles. Join the circle, taking care not to twist the stitches. Mark the 'seam' at the beginning of the round. Work in K1P1 ribbing for 1.0 ins. Inc 4 sts evenly across the round to 45 sts total.
2. Change to size 8 dp needles and Stocking Stitch.
3. Inc 1 st both sides of the marker of every 7th round twice to 49 sts (14 rounds total, excluding hem).
4. Work even until sleeve measures 4.1 ins (21 rounds), excluding hem.
5. Place these sts on a holder and work the second sleeve.
JOINING BODY AND SLEEVES:
1. Mark the front so you know which part of the body it is.
2. Underarm sts (four sets). Transfer 8 sts to a holder, centred at each of the four 'seam' markers on the body and the sleeves. These sts will be left unworked until the top shaping is complete, then sewn or grafted together to join the body and sleeve at the armhole.
3. Hold (and temporarily pin) the sleeves beside the body (all right side out), with the underarm sts and 'seams' matching. With the right side facing, and starting where the back meets the left sleeve, pick up and knit sts as follows: 41 from the left sleeve, 70 from the front, 41 from the right sleeve and 70 from the back. Total 222 sts. At the same time, place four markers for the raglan shaping, one at each boundary between body and sleeve. Reminder: do NOT work the underarm sts.
1. Work raglan shaping as follows: dec 1 st at front/back sides of each raglan marker on every 3rd round 8 times, then every 2nd round 12 times. At the same time, dec 1 st at sleeve sides of each raglan marker on every 3rd round 10 times, then every 2nd round 9 times. Continue work to total 50 rows for yoke (66 sts remaining).
FLAT FRONT NECK SINGLE BAND COLLAR:
1. Transfer yoke sts to size 6 circular needle.
2. Work 1.0 ins (6 rows) in K1P1 ribbing.
3. Cast off loosely.
1. Graft or sew the sleeve and body sts together at the underarms.
2. Darn/weave/sew in all loose ends.
Pattern designed by: DEMO DEFAULTS
with KNITWARE DESIGN (Demonstration Version 2.50.2) from Morningdew Consulting Services Ltd