« Home | stuff » | washing socks » | update » | update » | Crochet: Navajo Indian Afghan Jacket » | Fw: Pet Diaries » | hat hat hat » | opal » | basic beginning beaded barrette (BBBB) » | ebay, blogger spam, knitting & reading »

Shame on me! No posts... shame, shame!

Well, lots of stuff going on here. I'm doing my first craft show next week, just a small one, but my first ever. Participated in an online craft fair; that was a dud, but it was great advertising at least.

I made a quick CIC vest - approximately a size 4, using some donated wools & leftovers, and it came out darling, I must say. I'll have to post a pic, but I'll wait until I finish another one - 2 more are already on the needles.

I haven't done any knitting or crocheting for me, personally, in forever, but it was really nice to do a quick cic knit. I've missed doing my charity knitting.

Let's see, what have I been crocheting? Water bottle covers/cozies, using a V stitch & adapted from the zillions of patterns online. Making lots of felted bags, felted one of my hats that I made a year or two ago & was always too big for me. It's a wool/mohair blend so it's great for me - I'm always way, way, way too cold.

In our yard saling yesterday, I ran into a woman selling lots & lots of yarn, patterns, hooks, & knit gadgets; prices were great, but just high enough that I had to be good. Picked up 5 - 40 gram balls of a vintage tweed 100% wool (worsted weight) that I was hoping would felt nicely. My sample felted, but I wasn't very happy with the result, so I'll use the yarn for CIC knitting probably, or maybe it'll go into something freeform. We'll see.

Links to this post

Create a Link