I finished these last week or so. I also made some crocheted versions, but after washing they seem more than slightly disproportionate to me - I'm not sure if I'll frog them or send them anyway. The width is a little too short (I swear I measured/did the math for 26", and they came out about 23" after washing) & the length is definitely much longer than planned - they look like dresses! I may not bother frogging them as they'll probably fit someone.
All of the vests were made from Claudia's "In My Pocket" vest, minus the pockets. They were knit using size 9 or 10.5 inch circ needles & used 4 strands of fingering weight yarn or 2-3 strands of fingering plus a strand of sport/worstened weight.