year in review
Which, I'll probably add to as I think of things.
1. My first pattern was published - in the crochet pattern a day calender. It's a small step.
2. I learned how to knit lace, learned how to knit fair isle & intarsia.
3. I successfully knitted several sweaters ala Elizabeth Zimmerman.
4. I experimented w/ several sock techniques, inc. magic loop & 2s2c, and realized, I really do prefer my dpn!
5. I have become a yarn snob.
6. I have become more of a yarn collector, then a pattern collector. This is a huge, huge change in my craft life.
7. I have KIP many, many times.
8. I knit approximately 30 pairs of socks & 1 hat for CIC, and many, many, many lapghans & blankets for nursing homes/shelters/pet shelters, but must still deliver them!
Things to accomplish in 2006:
1. Learn not to hate the purl stitch so much!
2. Teach at least 1 person to knit & 1 to crochet.
3. Publish at least one pattern, somewhere. Write up, photograph, & publish my patterns here on my blog or my free sock patterns blog.
4. Write my blog more often.
5. Make a sweater non EZ style so I have something to truly compare the styles to.
6. Knit more CIC socks & try a kids sweater. (hubby challenged me, & I accepted, to knit 52 socks in the year - I changed it to 52 CIC socks).
7. Put together all those granny squares lying around!