« Home | vintage hexagon grannies » | my new goal » | 2 needle knitted vintage socks » | crocheted potpourri box » | cat toys (crocheted) » | Large granny square vest Have 7" granny squares ... » | blocks crocheted afghan » | rectangle crocheted shawl w/ fringe border » | peach shell crocheted hat » | Patchwork Poncho »

knitting the patchwork/freeform sweater


Worked on the patchwork sweater some more last night and this am. The knitted-in i cord border is done around the bottom, up the fronts & around the neck. The sleeves are being worked in the round from the shoulders down, mostly in the same color as the icord (maple syrup knit picks wool of the andes, a brown color) but I'm throwing in a few odd colors here and there to stretch out the brown, I'm not sure I have enough to make both sleeves solid, especially since I can't find the 3rd ball that I bought. I'm to the elbows on both sleeves, I'm going to decrease one stitch every 4th row 4 times so that the sleeves taper just a tiny bit, but I still haven't figured out how I'm going to finish the sleeves - ribbing or garter or icord? I dont' think I'll do icord on the sleeves.  Decisions, decisions.

Links to this post

Create a Link

Current Projects

    log cabin afghan
    knit mitered square afghan
    granny square afghan
    quilted C afghan
    mittens for Akkol
    patchwork wool afghan
    design socks
    SocretPal Socks