« Home | computer » | scrap socks, cic knitting » | toe up socks pattern » | crochet pattern a day calender » | contest for scrap sock yarn » | nothing to report » | finished socks » | daily post » | greetings » | stuff »

socks

well, the scrap socks I made I frogged - I didn't like how the colors were working at all. The blue tweed totally blended in w/ the green from the striped sock yarn I dyed & just didn't show off the colors well at all. So, that's scrapped.

So, instead I started another pair of scrap socks in reds again, using some yarn from the swap, and I started another pair using up more yarn from the swap. I thought it was maybe a DK or sport weight, so I'm combining it w/ some odd 50 gram balls in my stash.... I think it'll look already. I'm using size 2 needles but it's coming out pretty thick, actually - so I think for the scrap yarn (which is a little thinner than my stash yarn) I might actually go down to a size 1, inc. number of stitches & just use it for a section of my leg.... maybe.... I'll play.

Links to this post

Create a Link