« Home | toe up socks pattern » | crochet pattern a day calender » | contest for scrap sock yarn » | nothing to report » | finished socks » | daily post » | greetings » | stuff » | children's sizes » | photos »

scrap socks, cic knitting

I feel so guilty - I still haven't done any cic knitting. I love knitting kids socks & I love knitting for someone other than me, Me, ME.... but I just haven't done any. I keep knitting "just one more pair for me...."

So, today's almost FO is a pair of scrap socks in the theme of red.... solid red for heels & toes & here & there to break up the different self patterning yarns... and maybe for the ribbing, not sure yet. These are mostly done - both socks are about 6.5" or 7" above the heel turn. I thought I'd be running short, but I threw in a couple rows of solid black, and I broke up some lion brand magic stripes sock leftovers - I took out just the solid red, white, and some bits of green, and the pink/purple/blue sections are saved for another day/project/pair of socks. So that definitely gave me more yarn to play w/ so I think I'm golden.

So these are just plain toe up st st socks. After the heel turn I used two leftover yarns together, to separate colorways a bit.... look cool if I do say so myself.

Hi, sock buddy :) Your latest ones sound like a lot of fun! I finally got around to posting about my fabulous new yarn - thank you again

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link