« Home | I'm a winner!! » | another charity afghan done » | flame chevron stitch socks » | socks FO » | the summer top » | the story of a sock » | more photos of FO's » | more photos » | photos » | yarn to trade »

an FO - my first sweater!!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usI finished my first sweater!! Yeah! It's, umm, big. That's all I can say about it, besides the fact that it was an incredibly easy knit. I've been scared to do sweaters, but geez, socks are more complicated, and socks are EASY!! What have I been waiting for?? Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The sweater was made from "The Sweater Workshop: Knit Creative, Seam-Free Sweaters on your Own with Any Yarn" by Jacqueline Fee. My sweater was made with size 6 needles for ribbing and 8 for the body & short sleeves, with a gauge of about 5 stitches to the inch. It's just plain ole acyrlic. Yes, I know, it's not wool. I admit, I'm turning into a yarn snob, but for my first practice real sweater (I've made two tops after all) I wanted to use yarn that I didn't care about. The light pink & off white I picked up at a yard sale for $1 along with some other yarns; the dark marron main color was from Aunt Mary's bought ages ago (2 years ago??) and the rest of the pinks were from another yard sale bag down in CT for $1.

I think you should check out crochetville's swap section. Something happened, either you forgot or someone is using your screen name...might want to check it out.

i am looking for patterns to make granny square jackets or coats..can you help me. been looking all over.you can find me at dananny@hotmail.com thanks

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link