« Home | Some ask: Dude, where?s my yarn? By LINDEN MCNEILL... » | honeymoon almost done! » | spring afghan, pillowghan » | and my name in pictures... » | this was fun! » | squares from swaps » | update & photos part 2 » | pictures & updates & UFO's, oh my » | sentimental » | photos »

honeymoon & nothing but a tee shirt

Well the honeymoon is done! I finished her up last night, and she is gorgeous.

Instead of the twisted stitch ribbing, I did plain ribbing. Next time, I'll do a lacer ribbing or something else, or at least, make longer ribbing. Mine was way too short this time but that's because I hate ribbing.

I decreased one less time then the pattern says to. I'm a chunky broad & I don't have much of a waist. I wanted this to be form fitting, but not show off my gut too much. The decreases I did was perfect - enough to show my figure, but not anything else.

I made my straps 7 stitches wide & no i-cord. Made with st st, they curl quite nicely on their own. I wanted fat, wide straps to hide my fat, wide bra straps & this didn't quite work. I'll have to figure out something else. 7 stitches would be perfect if it didn't curl! My straps are also pretty short - I think only 12 rows high, or maybe 10. I originally knit about 3.5 inch straps, but I kept trying it on & frogging, trying it on & frogging until I really got done there. Any longer length & you saw my strap in the back, more cleavage then I wanted to show, and really, just looked awful.

I can't wait to post pictures, but they have to be taken first!

---------------------------------------------------------------

I also joined Nothing but a Tee shirt knitalong. I'm dying to start, but since I still have 17 projects to work on.... I think I'm going to try to wait a bit to start. I also have to figure out what yarn I'll be using, if I'm going to include a word or a graphic or something... I want to have a game plan before I start knitting. My goal is to finish 2 more projects before I start something else. DH wants me to get done to 10 but that's not going to happen.

So, I figure I'll try to finish Jon's broadripple socks & one other project, maybe his other pair of socks, and maybe my striped top.

Links to this post

Create a Link

Current Projects

    log cabin afghan
    knit mitered square afghan
    granny square afghan
    quilted C afghan
    mittens for Akkol
    patchwork wool afghan
    design socks
    SocretPal Socks