« Home | Let's see. I haven't written in a week. Busy weeke... » | my summer knit list » | Well, last night I worked on honeymoon while DH di... » | Tuesday, Tuesday » | Buttons! » | a big thank you... » | another hook holder » | yard sales in Rutland » | honeymoon progress pic, Zorro » | recyling sweaters, dying yarn, knitting »

UFO's are finally FO's!

Let's see, not much to report but, I do have 2 FO's to report! One was actually from yesterday but I don't know why I didn't think to write about it. I finally finished a UFO - not a long outstanding UFO, but a UFO all the same. A few weeks ago I started cutting up grocery store bags to make a catch all bucket. Today I finally did something with all the cut bags. I didn't measure the size or anything but my little catch all - holding sock WIPs - is probably a foot long, maybe 6 inches wide, and maybe 6 or 8 inches high. I'll measure & take pictures another time.

And I finished a pair of socks! My socks that I started the other day out of recyled 100% lambswool & then I dyed last week. The stripes turned out fat - a bright blue about 15 rows, then 2 rows of the natural blue of the sweater, then about 10 rows of green, then 2 more rows of natural blue, and then the bright blue again. I made heels & toes solid blue. I used size 2 needles, got about 7 stitches to the inch. I usually get about 8.5 stitches to the inch on size 1 needles, but I was looking for a slightly faster knit then usual, and this yarn is slightly heavier than fingering weight - kind of reminds me of magic stripes. Not quite a sport or DK weight, but not really fingering weight, either. The socks are already on my feet and feel wonderful. I must say, they do feel warm on my always cold feet. I'm a bit concerned about how they'll wear, though, because I didn't use any nylon to reinforce & they aren't a really tight sock gauge, but we'll see. For what it cost me, if I only get a year's wear out of the socks, I'll be happy!

No crocheting news to report. I am however wearing my third tank top - I know I posted photos of the first & don't think I even mentioned the 2nd or 3rd! These are all my own pattern, made similiarly but different stitches/slightly different yarns/gauges/etc. I'm trying to find the perfect one! Today's top was made with just over one ball of Aunt Lydia's Denim. It's tight around the chest & a little short in length, so I think I may add a bit to the waist line. Since I'm chunky, I need to make sure I'm covered; however, the top is tight enough around the chest that I'm not sure I'll be wearing this baby in public, so if that's the case, I'm not so concerned about showing off my midriff a little. After all, DH HAS seen it once or twice *grin*.

This is awful, I can't even remember what my second top looks like. I guess it was truly memorable, eh? I do know it was made with OH, now I remember... cheap Lily's sugar and cream cotton yarn out of my stash, mainly white, with a bit of navy blue I had leftover & wanted to use up.

Let's see. I finished recyling one 100% cotton St John's Bay sweater in white last night/this am yielding one pound of yarn. I worked on another lambswool sweater, but I ended up tossing it. I didn't realize when I bought it, but the seams were slightly felted. So, after yielding 20 small balls (weight so small, my gram scale couldn't even weigh them, and it starts weighing at 5 grams) I gave up. I hated to do it, but I tossed the sweater. I'm not a sewer. So I'm not going to wash the sweater to felt it, because I still won't do anything with it. It hurt because that sweater was one of the pricer ones I've bought at $3. I started my gorgeous chunky blue wool/mohair sweater today. The seams were a bit sticky to unzip, but not bad once I got the hang of it. It's slow going frogging. Even though it's chunky yarn, the mohair is a bit hairy & sticky. So far I've got two decent sized balls of about 2-2.5 oz each. It feels gorgeous & I just love that shade of blue. I have no idea what I'm going to make out of it. I suppose it'll depend on how much yarn I get out of it.

Crappy weather in the forcast tomorrow, so probably not many yard sales to hit tomorrow :(. Today's my mom's birthday, instead of giving her a gift, I'm doing some cleaning for her & washing a large comforter at a laundromat. It's too big to fit in her washer at the house. So while it's washing, we'll make a Salvation Army run which is close by. Then Sunday aka Mother's Day, I'll be bringing over either homemade cake or homemade ice cream for her birthday & as usual, flowers she can plant outside for Mother's Day, then off to a quick trip up to see the in-laws with flowers SHE can plant outside for MD.

Links to this post

Create a Link

Current Projects

    log cabin afghan
    knit mitered square afghan
    granny square afghan
    quilted C afghan
    mittens for Akkol
    patchwork wool afghan
    design socks
    SocretPal Socks