« Home | One more post for the night! What I've crochete... » | If anyone happens to wander onto my blog tonight, ... » | Crocheted Stocking Hat Must make this hat for C... » | The Taco Chip Surprise - A Beadwrangler Crochet Pr... » | Crochet Calendar Submissions Boy, am I excited ... » | Circle of Hope this would be good for the 7" bl... » | 7" Exchange Squares » | 7" Exchange Squares » | Maze Granny square I love this square! Must ma... » | Crochet Pattern Central - Free 7" Afghan Square Cr... »

Last night I worked on squares for the 8" fall colors swap. I was going to work on the blues swap, but I figured I better finish up the fall colors. I tend to make a bunch of squares in round 1 - 2 in different patterns (all in my head, or following a pattern), and then work on the next round, and so on until I'm done, if I'm making squares with multiple colors. It's more fun that way, for me anyway :). I ended up starting about 24 squares, & I believe I only needed to make another 8 or 9 squares, so I'll have lots of extras. Not a problem; when I get all my squares in from my exchange, I'll be able to make a bigger afghan. I think I'm supposed to get about 34 squares from the swap, so with the extra squares, I'll have around 50 or so, if everyone sends their squares to me. So, I can make an afghan 7 squares by 7 squares = each square is 8" = so about 56" square, plus say a 4" border. Not bad if I do say so myself. I like my afghans large, though not necessarily square. I suppose I could do a 6 squares by 8 squares afghan = which comes out to 48" by 64" = yeah, I think I like that better, plus the border.

Links to this post

Create a Link

Current Projects

    log cabin afghan
    knit mitered square afghan
    granny square afghan
    quilted C afghan
    mittens for Akkol
    patchwork wool afghan
    design socks
    SocretPal Socks