« Home | I've been making lots of charity items lately - st... » | goodness, I haven't been around » | Happy Memorial Day! I took a break last night fro... » | I've been on a roll lately making items for charit... » | Well, I've been on a roll crocheting lately - and ... » | I have an FO to report! I ordered some sock yarn ... » | Nada in crochet news - just some personal stuff. ... » | I finally did some more crocheting today - I worke... » | Haven't done any crocheting all week, but I did ma... » | DH & I are going to be away this weekend, so no po... »

I'm here! I've been making blankets for the pet shelter still, and I've also spent a lot, and I mean a lot, of time frogging old, old blankets that I made 7 or 8 years ago. I'm just not happy with them, and I'd rather frog them & reuse the yarn for the animals, then have these afghans sit in a closet forever unused. Almost all the yarn I use (other than socks) is plain old, acrylic or acrylic blend yarns bought from yard sales. The yarn from these afghans? They came from Ames, those big old Caron pounders that they sold for 2 for $7. I used to go and pick up a $100 worth of yarn when they had it on sale, put it all on clearance, and then pay for it & bring it home as I went along. Ah, those days are long gone. I still miss Ames.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, updating my website & adding new patterns. It's not really going anywhere. I'm working full time, going to college part time, and trying to volunteer at the senior center once a week as well. Saying I'm busy, and exhausted all the time, is an understatement.

Links to this post

Create a Link

Current Projects

    log cabin afghan
    knit mitered square afghan
    granny square afghan
    quilted C afghan
    mittens for Akkol
    patchwork wool afghan
    design socks
    SocretPal Socks